General Liability Insurance
General liability insurance is critical for all businesses. While each business has different risks associated with the type of work or services they offer, there are a number of risks all businesses should protect themselves and their employees against. These include:
- Bodily Injury
- Property Damage
These are just a few of the coverages afforded under a general liability policy.
The primary benefit of general liability insurance is the versatility of its coverage. It can cover:
- Advertising Injury – This is a nonphysical injury that includes libel, slander, invasion of privacy, copyright infringement, and misappropriation of advertising ideas.
- Attorney & Other Legal Fees – If your company is facing a lawsuit or some other kind of legal action, your general liability insurance can cover the cost of an attorney and other related fees.
- Bodily Injury – Your general liability insurance can protect you in the event of bodily injury or harm that a customer experiences on your property or as a result of your products and services. It can cover necessary medical costs and compensation.
- Property Damage – If your business, its products, or its services result in damage to another person’s property, your general liability coverage will compensate for the associated costs.
A basic general liability insurance policy can be customized in order to meet the specific needs of your business. Sanford Insurance works with many different carriers in order to find you the insurance that best suits your needs. Our primary goal is to protect your business.
The protection of your company and its assets are not the only reason to get general liability coverage. Having this type of policy is often a requirement for various situations, such as:
- Applying for professional licenses and certifications
- Contracting with other companies
- Leasing an office or warehouse
Determining Your Business’s Needs
When it comes to general liability insurance, it is important to make sure that you get the right amount of coverage for your specific needs. Different types of businesses carry with them different levels of perceived risk – a construction company will carry much higher perceived risk than a graphic design company. The Sanford Insurance Agency has the necessary experience to determine your needs and get your business coverage you can afford.
Because we are an independent insurance company, Sanford will shop your coverage in order to find you the protection you need at the best possible price.